At Victoria Fish and Game Protective Association we strongly encourage safe firearm handling and firearm use through education and public awareness.
Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education (C.O.R.E.)
Is required for a hunting license. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach local Victoria area instructors for information.
Possession and Acquisition Licenses (P.A.L.)
Is required to own and possess firearms. Please contact one of the following people for more information;
Black Badge Course
The course is used to train competitors in practical action pistol shooting sport and gives beginners the basic skills necessary to participate in IPSC competitions. This is a 16 – 20 hour course taught over 2 days.
- Must be a member of the VFGPA or buy a day pass
- Must join IPSC BC
Need the following equipment:
- Firearm (minimum caliber 9mm or 38 Special)
- Holster (Any holster which requires a trigger finger to release the retention lock is prohibited i.e. Serpa or clones)
- 4 to 5 mag pouches
- 500 – 600 rounds of ammo
- Eye and hearing protection
For additional information contact Jerry Wong at (250) 858-2233 or by e-mail email@example.com
Police Pistol Combat Course and introduction to handguns
For more information about the Shooting Sport of PPC and the Colwood PPC Club. Call Dom Piluso (250)386-0620 or visit their website: www.colwoodppc.com or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trap Access Program
Trap Machine Access for VFGPA Members only.
- 40 minute Course
- Cost is free
- gets your name on a Master List that allows you to draw keys for our $15,000. Trap Machines. They operate on Tokens like a vending machine.
- Each applicant must attend Scheduled Trap Practices, and receive the approval of the Trap Director before taking the course.
- Registration is required.
- additional info call Range Staff @ (250)858-8342 or the Club Manager David Michaud @ (250)888-5315
- Check the Calendar for dates
Introduction to Trap Course
In this course you will learn the basics of the game, ‘trap etiquette’, safe and respectful gun-handling while on a trap field, and tips-and-tricks to get you hitting clays consistently.
- $30 registration fee, paid in-person
- You must supply your own shotgun and ammunition (7½ target loads)
- Course includes in-class and on-the-field practical training
- Pre-registration is required