At Victoria Fish and Game Protective Association we strongly encourage safe firearm handling and firearm use through education and public awareness.
Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education (C.O.R.E.)
Is required for a hunting license. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach local Victoria area instructors for information.
Possession and Acquisition Licenses (P.A.L.)
Is required to own and possess firearms. Please contact one of the following people for more information;
- David Michaud (250)888-5315 email@example.com
- Dave Degrassi (250)474-3483 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sue Bender (250)721-0131 email@example.com
Black Badge Course
The course is used to train competitors in practical action pistol shooting sport and gives beginners the basic skills necessary to participate in IPSC competitions. This is a 16 – 20 hour course taught over 2 days.
- Must be a member of the VFGPA or buy a day pass
- Must join IPSC BC
Need the following equipment:
- Firearm (minimum caliber 9mm or 38 Special)
- Holster (Any holster which requires a trigger finger to release the retention lock is prohibited i.e. Serpa or clones)
- 4 to 5 mag pouches
- 500 – 600 rounds of ammo
- Eye and hearing protection
For additional information contact Jerry Wong at (250) 858-2233 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Police Pistol Combat Course and introduction to handguns
For more information about the Shooting Sport of PPC and the Colwood PPC Club. Call Dom Piluso (250)386-0620 or visit their website: www.colwoodppc.com or mail: email@example.com
Trap Access Program
Trap Machine Access for VFGPA Members only.
- 40 minute Course
- Cost is free
- gets your name on a Master List that allows you to draw keys for our $15,000. Trap Machines. They operate on Tokens like a vending machine.
- Each applicant must attend Scheduled Trap Practices, and receive the approval of the Trap Director before taking the course.
- Registration is required.
- additional info call Range Staff @ (250)858-8342 or the Club Manager David Michaud @ (250)888-5315
- Check the Calendar for dates
Introduction to Trap Course
In this course you will learn the basics of the game, ‘trap etiquette’, safe and respectful gun-handling while on a trap field, and tips-and-tricks to get you hitting clays consistently.
- $30 registration fee, paid in-person
- You must supply your own shotgun and ammunition (7½ target loads)
- Course includes in-class and on-the-field practical training
- Pre-registration is required
Handgun Essentials Course.
A Basic Firearm Use Course (Handguns) considered next step after your Canadian Firearms Restricted Safety Course.
- you need your own firearm, and 100 rounds of ammunition.
- course Cost is $20.00
- register at the Club Office with your Course Fee (cash only please). (numbers limited per Course)
- for more information call Range Staff @ (250)858-8342 or the Club Manager David Michaud @ (250)888-5315
- check calendar for dates.
- VFGPA Requires ALL USERS of holsters on our Ranges to be Holster trained
- this is a 2 hour Course
- cost is $20.00
- required to Pre-Register and pay course fee (cash only) in the Club Office. (numbers limited for each Course)
- basic Equipment Required (handgun, holster that fits your handgun, 3 magazines, 2 magazine pouches, and 50 rounds of ammunition)
- additional Info call Range Staff @ (250)858-8342 or the Club Manager David Michaud @ (250)888-5315
- check Club Calendar for dates.
South Island Action Shooters Range Safety Course
- Successful completion of this three hour course allows you to compete in the South Island Action Pistol competition events.
- Students must have a valid Restricted PAL, be members of the VFGPA club, or have purchased a day pass.
- Pre-requisites are the Handgun Essentials Course and Holster Course, and you must be familiar with your firearm, or;
- Previous shooting experience and holster course.
- You will need the following equipment;
- four or five mag pouches
- 100 rounds of ammo
- Course Cost is $20.
- Register at the Club Office with your Course Fee (cash only please).
- Check calendar for dates.