Come on out to have some fun learning how to shoot a bow and arrow!
Please contact: Jane Marksman firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Cost is $15 plus the day pass/insurance (also $15) if you’re not a member of Victoria Fish & Game. That would be $15 for VFGPA members and $30 for the non-members. Juniors are free.
– Meet in the Archery clubhouse at about 0900 (Coffee will be on)
– Gear up, sort out who is shooting what bow, arm guards and finger tabs etc. Learn how to string bows
– Go up onto the field and do a quick “basics of shooting” session
– Fling some arrows with tutoring
– Learn how to safely pull arrows
– Shoot some more
– Swap out the equipment and do it again. Depending on the numbers we may have 2 or 3 groups of shooters.
– Time and energy permitting we can walk a small portion of the 3D trail and shoot a few of the targets. You will learn how to find lost arrows
– Back at the clubhouse we can go over getting your own archery gear and what not to do.
Doug also says, “Children are welcome provided they are supervised, however I may be putting a bow in their hands too so they can join in.”
Like most shooting sports, archery is an activity for all ages. No charge for Juniors 18 years or under.
*** For those of you who have already registered, please note the time change — 09:00 – a half-hour earlier than previously reported.