| Access is currently CLOSED
|We have been notified that the increased fire risk associated with our run of dry hot weather has necessitated MOSIAC to close all recreational access to their lands. Effective immediately the gates at Butler and Kapoor are closed to VFGPA access program members. We will provide an update when access can be reopened.
Last updated 04-September-2020
|Access and COVID-19|
|The provincial government has prepared a web page that will provide updates regarding any changes implemented by the province related to hunting and fishing activities.
The Hunting and Fishing Access Agreement is an affiliated program with TimberWest Forest Corp./Mosaic Forest Management to allow licensed and insured members of the VFGPA and BCWF access to TimberWest’s private timberlands for hunting and fishing activities on south Vancouver Island.
Access at a glance
- You must be a member of either the Victoria Fish and Game or the BCWF to participate in the program.
- Access times are Saturday, Sunday, and stat holidays, between the hours of one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset . Your access card will not work outside of these times.
- You are permitted to do recreational hunting and fishing ONLY (no camping, dirt-biking, etc.). You may only do these activities in permitted zones. A map can be found here: <link>
- Access gates are the Butler main and Kapoor main (see the map linked above).
- Gate access functions via a keycard (no longer requires a smartphone app).
- On occasion (such as if there is a wildfire active), our access may be temporarily suspended.
How to participate
- Ensure your membership with the VFGPA or BCWF is active.
- Schedule an appointment with Adam to get your paperwork signed: email@example.com
- Make sure to bring the following to the appointment:
- Your membership card with either the VFGPA or BCWF
- The plate number and description of any vehicle you will bring past the gate
- Money to pay fees ($50 for VFGPA, $75 for BCWF, cash is preferred)
- Your guest must be a member of either the Victoria Fish & Game or the BCWF to accompany you.
- You must purchase a $10 annual guest pass.
- As this is an annual guest pass, it does not expire until the end of the year. You do not have to purchase one each time you bring a guest with you.
- BEFORE bringing your guests, please fill out a pre-trip report located here: <link>
Access to this private property is a hard won and long bargained privilege that comes at a cost you do not pay. Do not presume it is your right. Please consider membership in VFGPA as this would not have been possible without the club and TimberWest’s support.
2020 Current map: <link>
BC Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis, 2020-2022: <link>
Jim Sprang, Access Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adam Piluso, Administrative Coordinator: email@example.com