Rimfire Competition Academy
The Rimfire Competition Academy is a new event for the CRPS 2022 Season and is a rimfire competition fundamentals teaching event designed for the new and less experienced competitor. Our
goal is to provide our attendees with a practical understanding of the tools and techniques needed to confidently and safely compete in a long-range rimfire match.
We will take the competitor through the following topics:
Defining Accuracy vs Precision
– Accuracy Workshop
• setting up rifle/optics for consistency
• zeroing your rifle/scope
• ballistics and ballistics calculators
• calculating and then confirming trajectory (DOPE)
• basic wind concepts
• marksmanship fundamentals primer
– Precision Workshop
• positional stability
• using support equipment – bipods and bags
Rimfire Competition Training
• match and stage safety procedures
• spotting and scoring basics
• planning for your upcoming match – what you need and what you need to know
• planning and executing your stage strategy – creating your stage checklist
The lessons will be taught using a combination of theory presentations and live fire exercises.
The end of the day will be spent shooting a 3-stage mini-match.
Attendees will be required to bring:
1) Rimfire rifle with at least 2 10-round magazines (bolt action or semi-auto).
2) Scope with target turrets (marked dials) and zeroed for 50m, if possible.
3) Ammunition (200 rounds minimum more is always better)
4) Bipod and rear bag support
If you do not have the required equipment, loaner equipment with ammunition is available on a first
come/first served basis.
Questions can be sent to email@example.com