Police Pistol Competition (PPC) is a competitive handgun shooting sport, originally developed as a training tool for police officers. It has since evolved into a competitive sport that includes both police officers and civilians. The sport emphasizes control, speed and accuracy with handgun safety considered above all else.
The Colwood PPC Club represents the Police Pistol Competition section of the Victoria Fish and Game Protective Association, and is affiliated with the Canadian Police Combat Association (CPCA) and the Vancouver Island Shooting Association (V.I.S.A.).
Aside from monthly competitive events, the Colwood PPC Club host the Vancouver Island Combat Championship (VICC) on the Thanksgiving long weekend, at the VFGPA Malahat Range. Most competitors are from the Pacific Northwest, Western Canada and Vancouver Island, but we quite often have competitors from as far as Ontario and Quebec attend and compete.
PPC competitions are held once a month on Vancouver Island. The match locations rotate between three clubs: Victoria Fish and Game, North Saanich Rod and Gun and Nanaimo Fish and Game. Colwood PPC match schedules can be found at the following link: www.colwoodppc.com/matchschedule.htm
2016 VFGPA MATCH SCHEDULE
Matches are held on the Rifle/Pistol Range from 9am – 3pm unless otherwise noted.
- February 6
- May 7
- August 6
- October 1: Work Party…9am – noon
- October 1: VICC Volunteer Shoot…noon- 3pm
- October 7- 9: Vancouver Island Combat Championships
- November 12
- December 12 Christmas Fun Shoot
2016 Handgun Safety and Introductory PPC Course Schedule
- June 3 (Main Club House: 7 pm – 9 pm) & June 4 (Rifle/Pistol Range: 8 am – 3 pm): Introduction to Handguns and PPC Shooting Course
- November 4 (Main Club House: 7 pm – 9 pm) & November 5 (Rifle/Pistol Range: 8 am – 3 pm): Introduction to Handguns and PPC Shooting Course